At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
At EY Design Studio, our team of designers, researchers, technologists and strategists work together to create superior apps, websites and software. We approach projects with the insight and perspective that come with years of experience in user-centered design and development. We specialize in creating superior experiences that are supported by research, brand strategy, and a clear understanding of business and user needs.
Aside from the world-class user experience design we deliver to leading companies, what makes us unique is our fun, transparent, highly entrepreneurial and collaborative culture. You’ll learn new technologies and client industries alongside a friendly team of UX professionals.
Your key responsibilities
As a UX Manager you will manage the user-centered design approach of our client's digital products and manage design deliverables to ensure a great user experience and a realization of the client's product visions. You will be responsible for driving the delivery of sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes, as well as conceiving and conducting user and stakeholder research as needed. You will lead the design team to identify design problems and devise elegant solutions, make strategic design and user experience decisions, and rapidly test and iterate your designs. You will lead workshops on topics across both design and consulting skillsets. You will teach the ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently. You will collaborate with other team members and senior client stakeholders. You must be willing to take smart risks, champion new ideas, and continually elevate the quality of our work.
Skills and attributes for success
We're looking for a manager who demonstrates technical excellence in specific competency domain(s) along with technical skills in adjoining domains. A manager who has a solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, usability and accessibility concern such as UX design (Wireframes, Information Architecture, Content Management / Taxonomy, User Stories, Usability), UX Research (Service Design, Journey mapping, Personas, Contextual Interviews + Ethnography), and Visual Design competency in Typography and Data Visualization. A leader who is self-motivated and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to teams and clients with strong aesthetic sensibilities. A team member who possesses an understanding and ability to incorporate technology and architecture feasibility in information architecture and interaction design. Someone who is an expert and can teach design and prototyping software such as Figma, Sketch, InDesign, InVision, UXPin, OmniGraffle, Framer.js, Quartz Composer or similar programs. A leader who understands and inspires team with interactive experiences, channels, and systematic design principles.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Media, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognition Psychology, Cognitive Science, Communications, Informatics and Design or a related field
- A minimum of 5+ years of post-bachelor's work experience (or four years post-masters); 3 or more years relating to UX design experience (preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments)
- Experience communicating and interacting with clients
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Keynote, InVision, Figma and other prototyping software
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- The ability to travel outside of your assigned office
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A portfolio showing your user-centered design process and representative work
- A passion for all things Design-related as well as other areas of design and innovation, including research
- Knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies and be active in the design community
What we look for
We're looking for talented and collaborative Designers who love working with and learning from a multidisciplinary team and creating exceptional digital experiences together.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.