The EY Design Studio is a specialized team uniting empathy and technology to design transformative experiences. We approach projects with the insight and perspective that come with years of experience in user-centered design and development. The best results come from a well-orchestrated, collaborative, empathetic, experience-led approach which blends research, design, technology, domain and client insight and capabilities together.
As an Associate Design Director, you lead the creative vision, strategy, and delivery of multiple design efforts, from concept to implementation, to create usable digital experiences. You translate the cross-functional needs of our clients and their customers into clear, actionable, creative strategies that connect the dots across multiple workstreams. You create opportunities to maximize growth for individuals in the Studio.
Your key responsibilities
As a visible leader, you impact the design culture at EY, built around the celebration of creativity, user-centricity, and diversity. You communicate strong principles and methods within experience and visual design and have a strong command of related disciplines. Within your role, you will:
- Act as a design practitioner who can translate the client’s needs, their brand, and their customers, into flawless user interfaces using compelling design systems and visual design concepts.
- Develop approaches, processes, and workflows that guide design work execution, including oversight of development implementations and design QA.
- Guide and mentor medium to large cross-functional design teams in producing artifacts such as wireframes, visual design specifications, style guides, pattern libraries, prototypes, motion design, and presentations for a variety of client types and industries.
- Manage design project deliverables and client expectations while communicating design decisions and requirements efficiently and effectively with internal stakeholders and external client teams.
- Mentor other UX and UI designers; understand their skill sets, strengths, and areas for improvement. Evaluate work standards; contribute to the annual performance reviews.
- Build strong relationships with our clients while contributing to the sales process and help to inform proposals and project scopes with recommended design approaches.
Skills and attributes for success
You are a thinker and a doer with a relentless sense of curiosity and an acceptance that you do not have all the answers. You are a skilled negotiator who can lead project teams while managing client expectations, contribute to our business's development through the sales process, and support change and improvements within the studio. You can move the team forward with uncertain requirements and navigate ambiguous environments.
To qualify for the role you must have
- BFA or BA in a relevant field such as Design, Human Interaction, Graphic Design, UX Design, Industrial Design, or Product Design.
- A minimum of 5 years of design experience in a web and/or digital product environment with progressive leadership responsibilities.
- 3+ years' experience supporting complex, digital transformation projects.
- A portfolio showing your user-centered design process and representative work.
- Expertise in interaction design, visual design, technology, usability, and related software.
- In our hybrid model, you choose where you work (home, an EY office, or a client site), but we anticipate that our team will be willing to travel to an EY office or client site when safe and reasonable. We follow all local regulations and CDC guidance related to travel restrictions amidst the global COVID-19 pandemic.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Rich experience communicating and interacting with clients.
- Knowledge of the industry’s latest trends and technologies and be active in the design community.
- Writing, publishing, and conference-level presentation skills.
What we look for
A designer with an ability to lead a collaborative, cross-disciplinary approach leveraging design methodologies to help solve enterprise business problems. You can communicate a compelling story based on research, strategy, and design insights that bring utility and real value to people, strengthening the relationships between companies and their employees or customers.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.