At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The Director of Experience Design leads the creative vision, strategy, and delivery of multiple design efforts, while maximizing growth for individuals on project teams. You will understand the needs of our clients and their customers, and translate those needs into clear, actionable, creative strategies. You’ll define the conceptual direction for projects and collaborate across disciplines to ensure the delivery of compelling and usable digital experiences. You will be a visible leader in the creation of an inspirational culture, one that is built around the celebration of creativity, user-centricity, and diversity. You’ll powerfully and simply communicate principles and methods in experience and visual design disciplines and have a strong command of related disciplines, including available research methodologies. Design leadership in the studio stretches from client to team… you will always seek to provide increasing levels of responsibility and identify opportunities for people to acquire new skills.
Your key responsibilities
- Owning the organization and facilitation of meetings and workshops that align with project phase and client goals; you should be confident with a large variety of methods and project executive presence
- Leading cross-functional teams while overseeing multiple large engagements and being accountable for results. You’ll have comfort troubleshooting and be able to deftly solve urgent issues
- Establishing and selling a vision and a strong point of view during the new business process as well as throughout client engagements
- Building strong relationships with clients through honesty and transparency
- Using data, best practices, and intuition to create compelling strategies
- Identifying opportunity areas and driving change and improvements within the studio
- Ensuring that associates have a clear growth path; identifying training, connections, and projects that enable that growth
- Driving an inclusive and respectful environment internally and in client interactions
- Setting a vision in ambiguous environments; creating clarity out of chaos for the team
Skills and attributes for success
EY’s design community is growing, and exposure to new clients and industries is frequent. This position includes advocacy for the Portland studio and the design studio model in general. You’ll lead new business efforts in partnership with the managing director and engagement team, and seek to pull individuals in as relevant to inform proposals.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- 10 years of experience in digital design with progressive leadership responsibilities.
- A portfolio that reflects your design experience and leadership.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree
What we look for
Success requires exceptional creative vision and narrative skill, combined with fluency in modern design techniques and strategies. This position requires a balance of strategic thinking, business sensibility, aesthetic vision, and user empathy.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, unlimited vacation, nineteen observed holidays in 2021, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.