The EY Design Studio is a specialized team uniting empathy and technology to design transformative experiences. We approach projects with the insight and perspective that come with years of experience in user-centered design and development. The best results come from a well-orchestrated, collaborative, empathetic, experience-led approach which blends research, design, technology, domain and client insight and capabilities together.
As the UX Content Strategist, you plan and execute content strategy for digital products and experiences, from concept to implementation. You inform strategic design decisions while solving client business challenges.
Your key responsibilities
You bring curiosity, empathy, and problem-solving skills to help us create digital experiences for clients based on your strategic insights in planning for content creation, delivery, and governance. Within your role, you will:
- Lead the creation of a content vision to meet the client's business requirements and user needs. Manage content project deliverables and client expectations and integrate the content vision into the team's delivery approach.
- Conduct content assessments, inventories, and gap analyses.
- Create and advise on a variety of content activities and documentation including content maps and models, information architecture, taxonomy, metadata, personalization frameworks and more.
- Create guidelines and messaging architecture to communicate brand identity and apply a brand's personality, mission, voice, and vision to actual words on a page.
- Shape the user experience by creating copy that helps people find information and accomplish tasks within a product.
- Establish and communicate requirements for content creation, CMS, and governance to ensure content serves the brand and fulfills a defined purpose, vision, KPIs, or other key metrics.
- Participate in user research, competitive/comparative review, and usability testing.
- Facilitate brainstorming, stakeholder workshops, and other collaborative sessions with multidisciplinary teams and clients.
- Mentor other content strategists; understand their skill sets, strengths, and areas for improvement. Evaluate work standards; contribute to the annual performance reviews.
- Contribute to the sales process and help to inform proposals and project scopes with recommended content design approaches.
Skills and attributes for success
You can both give and take direction, present work in front of others, adapt quickly, work both collaboratively and independently, problem-solve and handle pressure well in a team-oriented but deadline-driven environment. You are a skilled negotiator who can lead project teams while managing client expectations, contribute to our business's development through the sales process, and support change and improvements within the studio. You have a curiosity and desire to shape the evolution of digital content design within the studio.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in UX design, communications, marketing, information studies, or another related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience developing content strategy and writing UX content and copy for clients in the financial services industry.
- A portfolio that demonstrates understanding of content strategy's role in the UX design process. Experience producing content strategy deliverables, including audits, taxonomy strategy, and content models.
- High level of comfort and experience with Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Keynote, content management systems, and collaborative editing site.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Writing, publishing, and conference-level presentation experience.
What we look for
A content strategist can look at content strategy across an entire experience to determine what to communicate, how the content should flow across the user journey, and how our content is reused and related. We are looking for someone who can share strategic findings that bring utility and real value to people, strengthening the relationships between companies and their employees or customers.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.