At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
At EY Design Studio, our team of designers, researchers, technologists and strategists work together to create superior apps, websites and software. We approach projects with the insight and perspective that come with years of experience in user-centered design and development. We specialize in creating superior experiences that are supported by research, brand strategy, and a clear understanding of business and user needs.
Aside from the world-class user experience design we deliver to leading companies, what makes us unique is our fun, transparent, highly entrepreneurial and collaborative culture. You’ll learn new technologies and client industries alongside a friendly team of Design professionals.
Your key responsibilities
As a UX Engineer, you will leverage technology expertise to bring ideas to life by creating experiences for digital devices. Take the lead on technology-specific work streams or tasks, including presenting and collaborating within client or internal projects. Conduct technology assessments and provide recommendations to client project teams. Work with an engagement team to manage client and project expectations and schedules. Partner with multidisciplinary teams to define business strategies, user needs and optimal solutions along with implementing designs with other developers and technology organizations.
Skills and attributes for success
We’re looking for a UX Engineer who has experience with user-centered design methodologies who wants to help identify potential business opportunities on projects but also participate in brainstorms, critiques, and other collaborative sessions to grow one’s understanding of the studio’s cross-team capabilities and operational processes. Someone who is interested in contributing to team development through refining processes, inspiring others and sharing knowledge.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in the field with progressive leadership responsibilities
- 3+ years' experience supporting complex, digital transformation projects
- The ability to travel outside of your assigned office
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience communicating and interacting with clients
- Experience building responsive sites
- Experience with Git and working knowledge of Node/npm
- Interest in best practices around internal and external promotion of yourself, the team, and studio i.e. online events, studio blog, Medium, conferences, GitHub, Codepen, etc.
What we look for
We’re looking for collaborative Creative Technologist who love working with and learning from a multidisciplinary team and creating exceptional digital experiences together.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.