At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
At EY Design Studio, our team of designers, researchers, technologists and strategists work together to create superior apps, websites and software. We approach projects with the insight and perspective that come with years of experience in user-centered design and development. We specialize in creating superior experiences that are supported by research, brand strategy, and a clear understanding of business and user needs.
Aside from the world-class user experience design we deliver to leading companies, what makes us unique is our fun, transparent, highly entrepreneurial and collaborative culture. You’ll learn new technologies and client industries alongside a friendly team of UX professionals.
Your key responsibilities As a UX Reseracher, you will participate with design and development teams in ideation sessions, design critiques and other collaborative discussions. You will maintain expertise in human-computer interaction and related areas to support our design team and clients.
Skills and attributes for success
We're looking for a UX Researcher who can demonstrate competence in data-gathering and analysis techniques across qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g., usability testing, heuristic assessments, interviews, comparative/competitive analysis and observations, survey, co-design sessions). A team member who is passionate, results-oriented and a strong conceptual thinker. Someone who has experience managing client and project expectations and schedules.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree in human-computer interaction or related discipline (e.g., human factors, information studies, communication, psychology, sociology, computer science).
- A minimum of 1-3 years' work experience in the field
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- The ability to travel outside of your assigned office
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience conducting user-experience research and analysis
- Master's degree and/or experience working in the financial services industry and/or the professional services industry a plus
- Writing, publishing and conference-level presentation interest and experience
What we look for
- You want to be part of a team and work toward the team's success
- You can articulate your thought process; walk people through how you arrived at your thinking
- You have a sense of curiosity – you always ask questions and seek to understand how things work (i.e., learning new things is fun for you)
- You like to solve problems by trying but also asking for help
- You excel at deductive and inductive reasoning skills; ability to apply abstract thinking and recognize patterns
- Comfortable taking initiative, making decisions and getting things done, an ability to function and take orders while also making your own decisions
- You are excited to bring our team new ideas and thinking.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.