Requisition ID: 496184
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our mission at EY is to build a better working world. We get to work on a diverse range of challenges with organizations of all sizes and across industries. We work with smart people to change the way organizations interact with their customers, employees and partners alike, and in doing so we’re transforming the modern businesses landscape.
The EY Design Studio Vancouver is a rapidly growing strategic experience design practice. We are looking for a Design Researcher to join our team.
This is a chance to work on service experiences for a wide range of organizations, with a team that understands the business value of design, on challenges at a scale that have real impact.
As an EY design researcher you’ll work in a multidisciplinary team, alongside business transformation consultants, service designers, subject matter advisors, implementation teams and partners, to understand user experiences, goals and needs to inform the design of experiences for digital and physical realms. You’ll be hands-on in developing and conducting qualitative research using a wide range of methods, working hand-in-hand with EY teams and clients in a variety of organizations and situations.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Degree in a relevant discipline – research, human factors, social sciences, design
- 2+ years of professional experience in a relevant research role
- Accredited training and expertise in qualitative research methods
- Demonstrated expertise and comfort with a mix of experience design methods including interviews, intercepts, service safaris, diary studies, and other forms of observational research
- Hands-on qualitative research and analysis skills
- Highly proficient at creating and contributing to research summary artifacts and deliverables including personas, journey maps, service blueprints, and summary reports for real client projects
- Understanding and experience applying inclusive design principles, methods and standards in research
- Experience working with teams, and directly with clients on service design projects and programs
- Excellent written, verbal and clear visual communication skills
- Session facilitation skills (leading design sprints, mapping workshops, and research sessions, for example)
- Team leadership – leading research, design teams, and service delivery teams in the implementation of services
- Ability build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders
- Empathy. You’re able to listen, observe and engage with a wide range of different kinds of people to understand how they use a product or service, from beginning-to-end.
- Synthesis and storytelling. You can boil down a lot of information – structured and unstructured, to find useful insights and data points, and then share them in way that everyone can understand.
- A self-starter. You must be able to manage time and workload and communicate effectively
- A strong collaborator. You’re comfortable working with others, giving and receiving feedback, and working with a project team to provide the right approach to design research
- A balance of curiosity and grit. As a consultant you will be challenged with tough problems (that’s why we’re brought in). You have to be comfortable with complexity and ambiguity, and time pressures, and be able to pull together the information and work with your team to bring the right approach and find effective solutions
- Office 365
- Remote research tools (e.g. Teams, Zoom, usabilla, usertesting.com, ethnio, Loop11)
- Synthesis tools such as Mural/Miro, invision, journey mapping tools
- Experience with VoC, CRM and quantitative customer data tools such as Medallia, Qualtrics, and Salesforce a plus
What we look for
You are an equally ambitious and empathetic individual. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
EY Way of Work and your health and safety
EY Way of Work recognizes flexibility in the way we collaborate, innovate and deliver with the ability to work in-person and remotely. To support a healthy and safe in-person working environment, EY has implemented various layers of health and safety controls while working in the office or at client or other locations. A critical component of EY’s workplace safety program includes our COVID-19 vaccination policy which requires all personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless an accommodation based on a reason protected by human rights legislation is provided.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.