Innovation and Experience Design - Digital Project Manager
Requisition ID: 868443
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The EY design studio is a rapidly growing and highly motivated design team with offices located throughout Canada but currently operating fully remotely. We are looking for a Digital Project Manager to join us.
Your key responsibilities
The role of the Digital Project Manager is to help the Design Studio deliver extraordinary online experiences for clients, in a way that engages the project team and keeps the company profitable. Your role is to be on the front line of projects and client relationships, advocating for the team, speaking up on behalf of the client, avoiding miscommunications, making sure we hit deadlines, avoiding scope creep, and ensuring our overall project success. You're able to see the big picture and connect the dots to ensure we exceed client expectations.
Skills and attributes for success
- Work with clients and project teams to define project requirements, resources, budgets, phases, tasks, schedules, and timelines.
- Assess projects for risks and proactively identify blocks to success to facilitate collaboration among project and client teams to mitigate these risks.
- Continuously track project progress in detail and manage the daily progress of a digital project including updating project plans, timelines, budget health reports, RAID logs, tasks, client reports, and other project documentation to ensure accuracy and transparency
- Effectively manage client expectations and provide status updates regular and as needed, responding to client questions and concerns on the daily via email, phone and virtual meetings.
- Have a general understanding of each internal team's process (dev and design), and how to set them up for success, including what different approaches mean in terms of output, pitfalls and success.
- Be empathetic to client needs and diplomatic in solving problems that arise
- Make decisions based on insights in the context of project goals and deadlines that positively affect the outcomes of projects and relay those insights to the team and clients
- Present project plans and schedules to clients in meetings with little to no assistance
- Facilitate meetings with the internal team and the client that provide clarity around roles, responsibilities, stages and tasks
- Write and speak clearly and intelligently about complex ideas, systems, frameworks, strategies, and project progression with clients
- Anticipate the needs of teammates on projects and ensure that they are not blocked from achieving project success, wile also holding the team and clients accountable to their commitments for a project.
- Contribute to the overall project management team community of practice by identifying and contributing ways of improving the studios workflow and processes. Ensure that best practices are maintained.
- Make projects successful with both teammates and clients through a collaborative approach.
- Assist in the sales process by helping to define the estimated timelines, costs, and scopes of work.
- Manage multiple projects at once
- Resolve Conflicts as they arise.
- Display a thorough understanding of large & complex (marketing, business and IT) projects.
- Be persistent in delivering quality work
- Have familiarity with and or expertise in the Microsoft suite of tools (excel, planner, teams)
To qualify for the role you must have
- Minimum 5 – 7 years relevant project management experience managing web, mobile and/or digital projects with medium to large-sized teams, preferably in a cross disciplinary digital environment
- Experience in working independently or as part of a large team to deliver projects
- Working knowledge of Project Management Processes, Agile Methodologies, responsive web, project and product management
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills
Ideally, you'll also have
- Industry-standard certifications in Project Management (CAPM, PMP, SMC, etc.)
- Governmental Security Clearance
- Bilingualism (French-English) considered an asset.
What we look for
You are an equally ambitions and empathetic individual who cares about the work and the people. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships, community of practice and to help expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about delivery, project management and ready to take on some of our clients most complex issues as a consultant, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We're committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.