At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are a lucky bunch at EY! Every day, we get to work on amazing brands with lots of smart people; people who truly understand the value of digital and the role it plays in the lives of others. But more than that, we are creating experiences that are literally transforming the business landscape and how our clients do business; we are changing the way they interact with their Customers, Employees and Partners alike.
The EY Design Studio is a rapidly growing and highly motivated design team in Toronto, and we are looking for a Manager, Experience Design to join us.
Your key responsibilities:
- Your craft: You’re a self-starter, capable of managing multiple tracks of UX work on a large portfolio with minimal oversight. Whether working alone or part of a team, you ensure all projects meet our high standards of excellence while making sure the client’s vision meets their goals. You always make time to mentor less experienced designers because as a discipline, the more we know the better the work will be.
- Your specialty: You are the go-to person for client work, as well as pitches, because you can juggle and multitask effectively. You may also be a trusted subject matter for an industry or vertical that is crucial to our business, such as retail, financial services, automotive, etc.
- Your leadership: You mentor Junior and Senior Experience Designers. You report to: Executive Creative Director
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction or industrial design preferred
- Degree in a related field, such as library science, graphic design, animation or architecture considered.
- Minor in Psychology, English, History, Anthropology a plus.
- 8 years of experience working on complex software or transactional or ecommerce experiences, with medium to large-sized teams, preferably in a cross disciplinary digital agency
- 2+ years team management experience
- Ability to design and facilitate workshops with senior-level clients
- Experienced in both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Proficient in scoping and estimating UX tasks
- Track record of UX leadership on single, small to medium-size projects (>$5M) and/or multiple tracks of work on large project ($5M+)
- Lead multidisciplinary projects and workstreams
- Consult with clients to shape the UX strategies that deliver business value and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for interaction design, task flow, behaviour, and navigation design
- Demonstrate the information architecture and interaction design skills necessary to support client work
- Lead the ideation, sketching, and prototyping for desktop, tablet and mobile devices, as well as digital-physical objects and environments
- Collaborate with Consumer Insights to create user test plans and synthesize research findings into actionable insights
- Contribute to UX strategy, including journey mapping and persona development
- Collaborate with clients and analytics to determine UX success metrics & KPIs
- Contribute to estimation, project planning, practice development and new business pitches
- Actively collaborate in cross-disciplinary idea generation and client co-creation sessions
- Articulate rationale for approach in the context of both business and user needs
- InVision, Sketch, Freehand and Whimsical.
- Manage team of up to 5-6 UX professionals, providing direction, oversight, coaching and performance feedback
- Foster a collaborative and innovative environment
- Actively participate in hiring and staffing
- Mentor team members
- Champios the Experience Design craft within EY
What we look for
We need Managers, Experience Design like you: You are an equally ambitious and empathetic individual. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.