At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are a lucky bunch at EY! Every day, we get to work on amazing brands with lots of smart people; people who truly understand the value of digital and the role it plays in the lives of others. But more than that, we are creating experiences that are literally transforming the business landscape and how our clients do business; we are changing the way they interact with their Customers, Employees and Partners alike.
The EY Design Studio is a rapidly growing and highly motivated design team, and we are looking for a Manager, Product Owner to join our Toronto team.
Your role at a glance
Your craft: You'll be driving the ideation, design and sustainment of digital products and services for external EY clients, and EY global teams. You’re a self-starter, capable of managing multiple tracks of a large portfolio with minimal oversight. Whether working alone or part of a team, you ensure all projects meet our high standards of excellence while making sure the client’s vision meets their goals. You always make time to mentor less experienced team members because as a discipline, the more we know the better the work will be. Your specialty: You are responsible for setting, prioritizing, and accepting the work generated by your team in order to ensure the most valuable and proper functionality of the product. Your leadership: You mentor Junior and Senior product Owners.
To land this gig you must have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Product Management, UI/UX Design, Strategy or a comparable discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience of Product Management and/or Product Development, or Product Design
- Proven track record of delivering products that are data-driven solutions with a user-first mindset
- Established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles and ceremonies
- Experience successfully driving end-to-end delivery of digital solutions, including a wide variety of mechanisms, e.g. dashboards, APIs, real time alerts, etc.
- Experience with procurement, expense management, and treasury businesses and processes
- Balance of technical knowledge, business acumen and design principles
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
All field-relevant MS products, Freehand.
- Responsible for innovation and end-to-end launch of products.
- Collaborates with global commercial services partners and customers to co-develop a roadmap and drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Works with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including analytics, design/user experience, engineering, and user enablement.
- Turns data insights into products with actionable outcomes to the ultimate customer.
- Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Partners with stakeholders and customers across the organization to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization.
- Develops, owns, and executes the product roadmap.
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
- Leads the product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the users and technology.
- Defines and executes go-to-market plan, working to ensure that product management, marketing, and sales have what they need to be successful.
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
- Consult with clients to shape the strategies that deliver business value and customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to estimation, project planning, practice development and new business pitches
- Actively collaborate in cross-disciplinary idea generation and client co-creation sessions
- Articulate rationale for approach in the context of both business and user needs.
- Manage team of up to 5-6 multi-disciplinary team members, providing direction, oversight, coaching and performance feedback
- Foster a collaborative and innovative environment
- Actively participate in hiring and staffing
- Mentor team members
- Champion the Product Owner craft within EY
We need Managers, Product Owners like you
You are an equally ambitious and empathetic individual. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What makes working at EY special?
We have been named a leader in innovation consulting services by independent research firm for 2018. Not too shabby for a consulting firm, eh? On top of that, we are seriously invested in your success and career growth. Here’s how:
- You will receive support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- We will give you opportunities to sharpen your craft and develop new skills
- We will give you the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.