At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our mission at EY is to build a better working world. We get to work on a diverse range of challenges with organizations of all sizes and across industries. We work with smart people to change the way organizations interact with their customers, employees and partners alike, and in doing so we’re transforming the modern businesses landscape.
The EY Design Studio is a rapidly growing strategic experience design practice. We are looking for a Service Designer to join our team.
This is a chance to work on service experiences for a wide range of organizations, with a team that understands the business value of design, on challenges at a scale that have real impact.
As an EY service designer you’ll work in a multidisciplinary team, alongside researchers, subject matter advisors, implementations teams and partners to create experiences for digital and physical realms. You’ll be hands-on from strategy and research through design, working hand-in-hand with EY teams and clients in collaboration to design and deliver services in a variety of organizations and situations.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Degree in a relevant discipline – human factors, social sciences, design
- 5+ years of professional experience in a senior level user-experience role (whether at an agency, consultancy, or in-house)
- Accredited training and expertise in design thinking/human-centered design
- Demonstrated expertise and comfort with a mix of experience design methods
- Hands-on qualitative research and analysis skills
- Highly proficient at creating artifacts and deliverables such as personas, journey maps, service blueprints, and summary reports for real client projects
- Expertise in fast, simple prototyping methods that communicate ideas clearly – sketching, crafting, making, and role-play as examples
- Experience working with teams, and directly with clients on service design projects and programs
- Excellent written, verbal and clear visual communication skills
- Advanced facilitation skills (leading design sprints, mapping workshops, and research sessions, for example)
- Understanding and experience applying inclusive design principles, methods and standards
- Team leadership – leading research, design teams, and service delivery teams in the implementation of services
- Ability build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders
- See the whole picture. You’re able to assess a service from end-to-end, from the experience through the organizational delivery model.
- A clear communicator. You can explain ideas, insights and recommendations in a way that everyone can understand.
- A self-starter. You must be able to manage time and workload and communicate effectively
- A strong collaborator. You’re comfortable making space for people to contribute, and also to drive and lead the conversation when necessary
- A balance of curiosity and grit. As a consultant you will be challenged with tough problems (that’s why we’re brought in). You have to be comfortable with complexity and ambiguity, and time pressures, and be able to pull together the information and team you need to bring the right approach and find effective solutions
- Mural/Miro, invision, journey mapping tools
- Experience with VoC, CRM and other customer data tools a plus
What we look for
You are an equally ambitious and empathetic individual. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.