At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our mission at EY is to build a better working world. We get to work on a diverse range of challenges with organizations of all sizes and across industries. We work with smart people to change the way organizations interact with their customers, employees and partners alike, and in doing so we’re transforming the modern businesses landscape.
The EY Design Studio Vancouver is a rapidly growing strategic experience design practice. We are looking for a UX Manager to join our team.
Your craft: You’re a self-starter, capable of managing multiple tracks of UX work on a large portfolio with minimal oversight. Whether working alone or part of a team, you ensure all projects meet our high standards of excellence while making sure the client’s vision meets their goals. You always make time to mentor less experienced designers because as a discipline, the more we know the better the work will be.
Your specialty: You are the go-to person for client work, as well as pitches, because you can juggle and multitask effectively. You may also be a trusted subject matter for an industry or vertical that is crucial to our business, such as retail, financial services, automotive, etc.
Your leadership: You mentor Junior and Senior Experience Designers. You report to: Executive Creative Director
Your key responsibilities include:
- Lead UX efforts on multidisciplinary projects and workstreams
- Consult with clients to shape experience design programs and projects to deliver business value and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with clients and analytics to determine project-level UX success metrics & KPIs
- Lead experience strategy efforts on projects, including journey mapping, persona development, information architecture, interaction design skills necessary to support client work
- Lead teams in the delivery of practical interaction design, task flow, behaviour, and navigation design activities
- Lead ideation, sketching, and prototyping efforts for desktop, tablet and mobile devices, as well as digital-physical objects and environments
- Collaborate with research teams to create user test plans and to synthesize research findings into actionable insights
- Collaborate with technical resources and business teams to create solutions that are feasible, and can be implemented
- Contribute to estimation, project planning, practice development and new business pitches
- Actively collaborate in cross-disciplinary idea generation and client co-creation sessions
- Articulate rationale for approach in the context of both business and user needs
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Degree in a relevant discipline – human factors, social sciences, design
- 8 years of experience working on complex software including enterprise applications, ecommerce, government services, working with medium to large-sized teams, preferably in a cross disciplinary digital agency
- 2+ years team management experience
- Experience designing and facilitating experience design workshops with senior-level clients
- Experience engaging research resources (internal and/or external) to uncover user insights and data points to inform opportunities
- Demonstrated experience in delivering effective user experiences for a range of different audiences
- Experience in applying UX methods in agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience in scoping and estimating UX tasks for individual projects, and programs of work
- Track record of UX leadership on single, small to medium-size projects (<$1M) and/or multiple tracks of work on large project ($2M+)
- Advanced facilitation skills (leading design sprints, mapping workshops, and research sessions, for example)
- Understanding and experience applying inclusive design principles, methods and standards
- Team leadership – leading research, design teams, and service delivery teams in the implementation of services
- Ability build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders
- Mural/Miro, InVision, Sketch, Figma, and similar.
Skills and attributes for success:
- See the whole picture. You’re able to assess a service from end-to-end, from the experience through the organizational delivery model.
- A clear communicator. You can explain ideas, insights and recommendations in a way that everyone can understand.
- A self-starter. You must be able to manage time and workload and communicate effectively
- A strong collaborator. You’re comfortable making space for people to contribute, and also to drive and lead the conversation when necessary
- A balance of curiosity and grit. As a consultant you will be challenged with tough problems (that’s why we’re brought in). You have to be comfortable with complexity and ambiguity, and time pressures, and be able to pull together the information and team you need to bring the right approach and find effective solutions
What we look for
You are an equally ambitious and empathetic individual. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.