Content Strategy Manager
• Participate in working sessions with clients to understand/identify content needs and requirements.
• Conduct content audits, inventories and gap analyses.
• Lead creation of taxonomies and metadata frameworks for grouping and tagging content
• Work with engagement team to manage client and project expectations and schedules; serve as key day-to-day client contact for content strategy design, and leader of internal project teams.
• Work with cross-functional design and development teams to model and structure content types and attributes to support efficient, flexible publishing systems.
• Participate in user research, competitive/comparative review, and usability testing.
• Guide content considerations by evaluating design team progress.
• Leverage data and insights to identify impact of content strategy.
• Lead clients through decisions to enhance, edit and reformat legacy content (where it exists) and/or identify new content for creation. Help clients set guidelines for content creation, CMS and governance.
• Create content mapping framework for migration.
• Educate and inspire others on best and latest content strategy techniques.
• Inform and influence the company’s overall service offering, project methodology and deliverables.
• Identify and foster business development opportunities.
• Present and discuss the company’s project deliverables, services and capabilities to prospective clients in a way that reflects the brand, culture and philosophy of the firm.
• Assist in mentorship and advisement and evaluation of work standards.
• Help attract and hire the best CS talent.
• Travel for client work when necessary.
• Be prepared to perform other duties, assist with other projects, and revise project processes or deliverables if necessary.
Qualifications, Certifications & Education:
• Degree in UX Design, Communications, Marketing, Info Studies, or other related field.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience serving in a similar or progressive role.
• Demonstrated understanding of content strategy’s role in UX and digital design process.
• Experience in producing content strategy deliverables (audits, taxonomy strategy, content models, etc.)
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
• Excellent communication skills, including strategic documents and copywriting.