Senior User Experience Designer
New York, NY
As a Senior User Experience (UX) Designer on our USQ Design Studio team, you’ll be part of a close-knit group of problem-solvers, creatives, strategists, doers and leaders. You’ll be working collaboratively with product management, solution architects, developers and industry experts across EY to exceed our client's expectations. You’ll advocate for end users, ensuring complex workflows become intuitive and that seamless experiences address pain points and help users achieve their goals. You’ll also have an impact on our growing design practice.
- Expertise in the set of skills at the core of our UX design work, complemented by competency in a breadth of user research and visual design skills:
- UX design: Wireframes, Information Architecture, Usability, Content Management / Taxonomy, User Stories, UX writing, Design Documentation
- UX Research: Contextual Interviews + Ethnography, Journey mapping, Personas
- Visual Design competency in: Typography, Data Visualization
- The ability to iterate your design solutions efficiently and intelligently
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to teams and clients with strong aesthetic sensibilities
- The ability to incorporate technology and architecture feasibility in information architecture and interaction design
- Expertise in wireframing and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InDesign, InVision, UXPin, OmniGraffle, Framer.js or similar
- Understands interactive experiences, channels, and systematic design principles
- Is proficient in underlying interactive technologies, such as web and mobile
Qualifications, Certifications & Education:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Media, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognition Psychology, Cognitive Science, Communications, Informatics and Design or a related field.
- A minimum of 2+ Years of post-bachelor’s work experience (or a master’s degree). Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of your assigned office location at least 80% of the time. Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A portfolio showing your user-centered design process and representative work
- A familiarity with mobile-first and responsive design
- A passion for all things UX-related as well as other areas of design and innovation, including research and showcase of knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies