User Experience Designer
New York, NY
As a User Experience (UX) Designer on our USQ Design Studio team, you’ll be part of a close-knit group of problem-solvers, creatives, strategists, doers and leaders. You’ll be working collaboratively with product management, solution architects, developers and industry experts across EY to exceed our client's expectations. You’ll advocate for end users, ensuring complex workflows become intuitive and that seamless experiences address pain points and help users achieve their goals. You’ll also have an impact on our growing design practice.
- Primary expertise in the set of skills at the core of UX design work, complemented by an understanding of user research and visual design:
- UX design: Wireframes, Information Architecture, Usability, Design Documentation
- UX Research: Contextual Interviews + Ethnography, Journey mapping, Personas
- Visual Design competency in: Layout and Hierarchy
- The ability to work flexibly, incorporate feedback and rapidly iterate your design solutions
- The ability to work effectively as part of a design team and understand the impact of design decisions across a system
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions to teams and clients with strong aesthetic sensibilities
- Expertise in wireframing and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InDesign, InVision, Framer.js or similar
- Understanding interactive experiences, channels and systematic design principles
- Proficient in underlying interactive technologies, such as web and mobile
Qualifications, Certifications & Education:
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Media, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognition Psychology, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Communications, Informatics and Design or related work experience (or a master’s degree).
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for digital experiences.
- We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of your assigned office location at least 80% of the time. Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- The ability to synthesize research and intelligently produce design research artifacts (heuristic analysis, persona development, journey mapping)
- A passion for all things UX-related as well as other areas of design and innovation, including research
- Knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies and be active in the design community
- A portfolio showing your user-centered design process and representative work