New York, NY
We are looking for a Visual Designer to deliver exceptional and thoughtful user interface design. You will work as part of our Union Square Studio and with others across our Design Studio network to craft interactive concepts, artwork and layouts for digital projects based on creative briefs and client meetings. The role of a visual designer is to approach project challenges with a focus on interpreting/developing client brands while also communicating our clients' messages in an engaging and creative way. Designers must be able to apply and communicate solid rationale as part of their creative process and at all times execute to the highest standards. You must be willing to push both your team and our clients toward innovative design paradigms, incorporate feedback in real time, and continually elevate the quality of your work.
- A solid foundation in typography, color, depth of field, layout and design as a concept
- Experience with transitions, animation, motion design and dynamic interaction
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills, along with presentation skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of a design team and understand the impact of design decisions across a system
- Develop a digital brand & identity strategy
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity
- Give data meaning through information visualization
- Passion for researching and sourcing valuable information, inclusive of trends and mood boards
- Collaborate effectively with remote team members, designers, researchers, engineers, product managers, marketers and others
- Understanding interactive experiences, channels, and systematic design principles across responsive design, native mobile design, etc.
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch/Studio, InVision, Zepllin, Flinto, etc.
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and mobile operating systems and platforms and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions, for example Flex, Ajax, Flash, HTML 5, CSS, scripting, iOS, Android, Windows7/8, etc.
Qualifications, Certifications & Education:
- A bachelor’s degree in Design, Digital Design, Interactive Design, Human Computer Interaction, Interactive Media, Computer Science, Communications, Informatics and Design or related work experience (or a master’s degree). Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for digital experiences
- We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of your assigned office location at least 80% of the time. Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A portfolio showing your user-centered design process and representative work
- A passion for all things UI-related as well as other areas of design and innovation
- Knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- An interest in being active in the design community